[THIN] Re: The Customer is not Always Right - was RE: Re: Read-Only P opup -

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <neil.braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:31:16 -0000

Did you mean to write that - or did you mean "The customer is always right"
- is the biggest lie in marketing?

I'm struggling to understand which side of the fence you're on...

> It is usually the mantra resorted to by some twerp who has
> given something away to an ungrateful customer who the
> supplier would be better off without.
>
> If you want proof that the customer is not always right -
> Think about a recent purchase you made.  How did you feel
> afterward?  Experience any post-purchase dissonance?  QED

Regardless of understanding the semantics of the statements - the principle
is key - look after the customer, else they'll go elsewhere.

> If you didn't experience some p-pd then quite likely you were
> attended by someone who recognises that the customer is quite
> often wrong and needs some guidance and direction.  If the
> customer was always right there would be no need for after
> sales service and support.

Rubbish.

If the vendor was always giving the customer what the customer wanted, there
would be no need for after sales service or support.

Which is also completely bogus, because not all after-sales and support is
based around limitations or failing with the existing scenario. There may be
changes afoot.

Focus on the customer, or go the way of the dinosaurs.

Neil

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,