[THIN] Re: The Anti-Virus Question (again!)

  • From: Stefan Timmermans <stefan.timmermans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:14:38 +0200

Dear all,

We use Symantec antivirus (corporate edition 10.1). An excellent choice to
scan files and mail.
Might consume ressources on files servers with lots of file changes but all
considered works fine
in CTX environments (we have roughly 50 of them). The foot print is
acceptable, the client can be installed managed or unmanaged
though we use managed, with one server for central scheduling/updating and
reporting.
Never needed any support, in the past was a bit nasty in upgrade processes (
from Norton 7 to 8,), but
thiere supportpages kind of reports the best way to proceed in case of
issues. There are nowadays also
good removal tools so modifying the registry is more or less a thing of the
past.

Never used any other tool, but for me on a scale of ease of use and
management overhead scores pretty well.

Regards,

Stefan

  _____