[THIN] Test Environment Question - MySQL

  • From: "Brian Murphy" <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:23:51 -0600

Test environment.

Microsoft .NET Enterprise Server running VMWare Workstation Ver 3.2.0
and Guest OS(s) of 3- Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Metaframe Xpe FR2
and 2-Red Hat Linux 8 with Apache.

.NET Server is running AD in 2000 Compatibility mode.  All 3 Guest
sessions are joined to the .NET AD Domain (murphy.corp).

Question is regarding MySQL.  Has anyone tested running MySQL as the
Data Store?  I'm interested in trying this versus SQL 2000.  According
to their website MySQL was unaffected by the "Slammer"
(http://www.mysql.com/).

The literature suggests SQL 7 SP2 and higher for Data Store but I'm just
wondering if anyone has successfully implemented MySQL as the Data
Store.  And, if so, I would like your technical notes.

Also, has anyone successfully configured RED HAT 8 to run the X-Window
component in VMWare?  I have installed the tools per the instructions to
no avail.

Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell

"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If
you have received this message by error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this email."