[THIN] Re: Terminal emulators

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:14:38 +0100

Given the X architecture, I think you actually want an X *server*
(remember that the "emulator" you run locally, is actually the server in
X) ;-)

But I see your point.

I was merely wondering whether you needed to support X locally (on the
terminal server), as opposed to generic terminal emulation. An X server
is rather more elaborate than merely terminal emulation, given how X
works.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.