[THIN] Terminal Servives Licensing for DR

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:46:38 +1000

Hi

Im working on a Citrix DR solution for my company.  We have 2 sites (Primary
Site and DR Site).  Both sites have the relevant server infrastructure incl
Citrix WI servers and XenApp Servers.  Primary site has Terminal Server
Licensing server setup in Per user Mode.  There is no TS Licensing server in
the DR site.  My question is if I lose the Primary site, when users connect to
the DR XenApp Servers they will be trying to contact the TS Licensing server
from the Primary site which will be unavailable.  Will the clients be given a
temporary license or will the connection fail?

If no temp licenses are granted then I will install a TS Licensing server in
the DR site and call MS Clearinghouse in a DR scenario to activate.  If there
is a better way please let me know

Thanks
Ang

New, Used, Demo, Dealer or Private? Find it at CarPoint.com.au
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/206222968/direct/01/