[THIN] Terminal Services redirected start menu

  • From: "Patterson, Colin" <CPatterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:47:04 -0500

Hello,

I have a 2003 Terminal Server and I have my clients set to use a
redirected start menu.

The start menu is supposed to ONLY display three icons, Internet
Explorer and Two others for networked CD Roms. These are displaying OK,
but I can not remove the 'Programs' shortcut, some how when I remove it,
it always return with the accessories folder and IE and Outlook Express.

(This worked on a W2K workstation, now I'm trying to make the move to
TS)

I'm using GPOs, there does not seem to be a setting to remove these
items. I've also tried removing them from the Default user and the All
Users profiles, as well as deleting, recreating and write protecting the
users' profiles. No luck so far.

Does any one know of a way to remove that, and possibly also the Windows
Security link, which only contains Logoff.

Thank-you,

Colin