[THIN] Re: Terminal Services Licensing

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:30:42 -0400

We actually had issues w/ ScrewDrivers and did a competitive upgrade to
ThinPrint.  We use just PCs on the farm in question, but print very
complex documents that did not work well w/ Screwdrivers.  Printing
Legal documents (long contracts with multiple paper sizes, lots of fonts
etc)we had much better success with Thinprint.  We had the reverse of
the typical Thin Client printing environment on ScrewDrivers.  Clients
were bluescreening (not the servers) or the ICA client would crap out. =20

That being said, we were happy w/ ScrewDrivers for 1.5 years until our
print jobs/needs changed and got more complex.  And SD was working on
fixes as we transitioned away from them about 1 year ago.  If it's a
small environment with limited printing needs (small forms, emails, etc)
I would look at ScrewDrivers again simply because it was less expensive
in a small environment.  But for a larger environment w/ complex
printing needs ThinPrint worked much more smoothly for us.

Thanks,
        Brian Politis
        bpolitis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx