[THIN] Re: Terminal Services Licensing

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:23:20 -0500

Call the MS Clearinghouse in your area..here is how to locate the number:
Locate Phone Number when Terminal Services Licensing Server is Running
If you have already activated your Terminal Services Licensing Server,
follow these steps locate the appropriate phone number for the Microsoft
Clearinghouse for your country or region:
Start the Terminal Services Licensing tool from Administrative Tools.

Right-click your server in the right pane, and then click Properties.

On the Connection Method tab, click Telephone in the list.

Click to select your country or region, and then click OK.

Right-click your server in the right pane, click Install Licenses, and then
click Next.

The Microsoft Clearinghouse phone number for your selected country or region
will be displayed on this screen. Make a note of the phone number, and then
click Cancel.

To change your activation method back to the original value, right-click
your server in the right pane, click Properties, change the value on the
Connection Method tab, and then click OK.

back to the top
Locate Phone Number when Terminal Services Licensing Server is not Running
If you have not activated your Terminal Services Licensing Server, follow
these steps to locate the appropriate phone number for the Microsoft
Clearinghouse for your country or region:
Start the Terminal Services Licensing tool from Administrative Tools

Right-click your server in the right-hand pane, click to choose Activate
Server, and then click Next.

On the Connection Method screen, click to choose Telephone from the
drop-down list, and then click Next

Click to select your country or region, and then click Next.

The Microsoft Clearinghouse phone number for your selected Country/Region is
displayed

JK