[THIN] Re: Terminal Services CALS

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:11:06 -0500

That is correct.  The Terminal Server does not know you purchased those
licenses, it only understands you are connecting with a Win95 machine and
that will require you to purchase a Win2K license and a TS CAL license when
connecting to a Win2K Terminal Server.  This doubling your cost structure
for Microsoft licensing but that is the way it is.  If you stayed Win2k on
your workstations, this would not be an issue.