[THIN] Terminal Services CALS

  • From: "Lee, David (CITY TREASURY)" <David.Lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin client listserve (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:19:36 +0100

Apologies for another licensing question!  We are about to start an
expansion of our XPe server farm, and I'm having some fun sorting out MS
Terminal Services CALS for the client machines......

We have about 200 fairly recent spec Dell PCs, which were supplied with
Windows 2000 Professional licences, but for various reasons, currently have
to run a downgrade installation of Windows 95 (yeuk!).  Now, the Win2K
licence for each PC includes a TS CAL, but as the PCs run Win95, how do I
convince the licensing server that all is legit?

Cheers

David Lee

Network Engineer
City Treasury