[THIN] Terminal Server profiles being ignored. Regular profile being used.

  • From: "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <SRaffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:10:56 -0400

XP FR3 SP4 on W2K SP4 + security hotfixes

I've been avoiding the Microsoft PostSP4 Rollup because it caused Citrix
logins to use the regular profile instead of the terminal server
profile. Microsoft support says it's a known problem with no known fix.

Now, I'm testing PS4 on W2K3 SP1 in the lab and, sure enough, it does
the same thing. What's up with that?

Microsoft has a W2K3 KB article that says this happened when users
didn't have query permissions but that it was FIXED in SP1.

Citrix forums and this list have been strangely quiet about this. If
everyone else had the same problem as I do, there should be screaming.

My two questions are:
1. Is this prevalent and everyone working around it quietly or am I
doing something stupid?
2. If I'm doing something stupid, can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Raffensberger

Sovereign Bank
Enterprise Network Services
Email: sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unless you are the addressee  (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete or destroy the message. Thank you.