[THIN] Terminal Server dropping connections over internet and wan connections but not locally

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (AUS)" <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 01:11:47 +1000

Hi All,

I have been asked to have a look at a Terminal Server (win2k) that is
dropping connections using rdp over wan and internet connections.  I made
the following changes, as per the guides on thethin.net.  Metaframe is not
installed.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\KeepAliveInterval=0x
3e8

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\KeepAliveTime=0x2710

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TxpMaxDataRetransmis
sions=0x3

it seems that the rdp connections are still being dropped, if anyone has any
hints or suggestions what to try next it would be appreciated.

The people on site assure me its not a comms problem

Thanks and Cheers

Shane Broomhall

Brisbane Australia