[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Profile Path in a Novell environment

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:26:34 +0200

>>> Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05.08.2003 15:52:15 >>>

>Do they all have a consistent, static mapping for their home drive?  I.e. we
>use H:\ as the user's Novell home directory.  So when we had them on the
>Novell file share, I just used H:\tsprofile as the path.  I will say we had
>a lot of issues with them on a Novell share, and had to move them to an NT
>box.  There were a ton of hung profiles and unable to locate profiles.

Of course we have this static mapping (it's p: in our case), but p:\TSProfile doesn't work either. We have to set the "Terminal Server Home Directory" to "Local Path" for the same reason (what path shall we put there if the home directories of our users are in different subdirectories or even on different volumes?), so we map p: to the home directory in each container's login script. (There are some other container-specific settings to be made, so it's at least no additional overhead.)

I wonder how this is done in huge Novell environments with some 10,000 users - do they really have their profile directories in one single subdir?

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale Complaints about applications response time - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130