[THIN] Terminal Server Profile Path in a Novell environment

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:52:20 +0200

Hello!

We have a Novell NDS environment (NetWare 6 with Zenworks for Desktops 3.2) with terminal server users in different containers. The home directory structure reflects the container structure (e.g. a user in container C1 has his homedir in the directory c1\%username% and so on).

Now we want to put the terminal server profiles in the subdirectory TSProfile of each user's homedirectory without having to create separate policies for users in different containers. My first apporach was to fill the "Terminal Server Profile Path" field with

\\%HOME_DIRECTORY%\TSProfile

but this doesn't work. A further look at %HOME_DIRECTORY% variable shows that it contains a colon after the volume name:

servername/volumename:/our/container/structure/homedir

If I replace %HOME_DIRECTORY% with the above mentioned string, everything works as it should as long as I remove this colon. Otherwise I get an arror again. Thus this colon prevents me from using the %HOME_DIRECTORY% variable.

Does anyone have another idea to solve our problem (besides putting all profiles in a separate directory structure ...\TSProfiles\%username%)?

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale Complaints about applications response time - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130