[THIN] Terminal Server Licensing error 1009

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:17:09 -0500

I recently installed two new PS4 servers on Windows 2003. I moved and
upgraded the Terminal Server licensing server to Windows 2003.
Everything so far is working ok except I noticed that we have been
receiving an error on each Windows 2003 PS4 server but not the TS
license server. Older Windows 2000 servers are not showing an error in
there event logs.

Event ID 1009

The terminal server licensing grace period is about to expire on
12/29/2006 and the service has not registered with a license server with
installed licenses.  A terminal server license server is required for
continuous operation.  A terminal server can operate without a license
server for 120 days after initial start up.

I've done some searching on google.com and found KB885013 but this does
not apply as it specifically says the error should be on the TS License
server.

Has anyone had this before? How can I confirm that my licensing will
work and not expire after 120 days?

Thank you,

Matthew Shrewsbury
Network Manager