[THIN] Re: Terminal Server Licensing Error 1004

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:56:19 +0000

Thanks for the reply Pav, but yes the Citrix servers and TS Licensing =
server (One doubles for both services) were patched during installation =
before any clients connected.  Might have to contact MS... :(

Regards,

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer
D'Arcy

>>> pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/12/2002 15:38:06 >>>

Joe,

Is your TS licensing server patched as well? The KB acticle stipulates =
that
both TS servers and TS licensing servers should have the hotfix. I also =
read
that if the TS temporary token was issued prior to the TS licensing patch
applied-you will have to reclame this TS CAL from Microsoft.

The other thing - check Eventid.net for your error message. It has 2 =
entries
and hopefully you can get some more info on that.

I experimented myself with the NT4 Server (standalone) as a client. I
deleted the License00x entry, renamed the box and still I was not able to
get a new Temporary CAL assigned... Go figure.

But once you have the patch installed in your environment it seems to work
pretty good. With the token expiration time-out you will never loose you =
TS
CAL any more. Check this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/terminal/tslicensi=
n=20