[THIN] Re: Taking a big downgrading step

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:31:57 +1000

Hi Angus,

Would it be presumptuous to ask what you've done with regard to finding out
what was broken? eg IMA tracing, server/IMA application dump analysis etc.

Do you have a support contract with either Citrix or a reasonably competent
resller, because if you've had the problem that long without identifying the
cause someone needs shooting.

Admittedly a solution sometimes takes forever but that way you've at least
got someone to yell at and other people to share the pain.

And there's always the list to make sure you stay busy ;-)

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack
Commander Australia

On 5/17/07, Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Thanks Rick.
I've been way down the printer driver route with no evidence that it's the
cause of the trouble. The print spooler behaves nicely and we use almost
exclusively native MS drivers anyway.
I have licenses I can use for a new farm (the public sector in the UK
would rather buy new licenses instead of keeping up subs advantage) so a new
farm isn't much of a problem to do.