[THIN] Re: Taking a big downgrading step

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:43:54 -0700

Have you fully ruled out W2K3 (not PS3) as the culpret?

Is this a particular application silo within the farm?

Is it randomly any / all servers in the farm?

Do you run a regular maintenance / cleanup / reboot script?

The organization that I was at last had a bundle of business critical
applications that would function on W2K3 but not well, all kinds of
weird things would happen on the servers.  I had to keep a collection
of W2K servers in the farm just for those applications.  They ran
great on W2K and I always kept PS up to the latest revision.

On 5/17/07, Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been struggling with a big problem on my main PS3 / W2K3 farm for a
long time now. I've posted here a few times but never managed to get to the
bottom of it. Basically, servers become unresponsive to ICA traffic,
requiring a reboot. The server itself runs fine but Citrix sessions die, the
IMA cannot be stopped or started etc etc.

This has become such an issue for us, I'm planning to downgrade to MFXP
which has always behaved impeccably on another of our farms. The question
is, if I uninstall PS3 and install MFXP on a server for testing purposes,
will I be able to join it to the existing PS3 farm, or will I have to create
a new MFXP farm? PS4 is out of the question because of problems between it
and our main app and HP terminals.

Angus
SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com ************************************************ For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: