[THIN] Re: TSMMC.MSC

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:10:38 -0000

Sweet, not seen this before !

  _____

From: Nick Smith [mailto:nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 November 2004 12:45
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] TSMMC.MSC

Lots of you probably know about this, but it was new to me and make my life
*so* much easier. In W2K3 there is a little MMC called Remote Desktops which
basically makes it immensely easy to have multiple RDP sessions open and
accessible at one time. This was useful, but to be honest I'm not often *on*
a server when I want to launch multiple sessions - I do do it form my PC,
and regularly have half-a-dozen sessions on it.

Have just discovered that the Windows 2003 Administration Pack contains this
MMC, amongst others.

Can be downloaded from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-
a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef
-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

The MMC also connects to W2K RDP Sessions.

Apologies for those of you who already know this, but I've not seen it
mentioned on the list.