[THIN] Re: TSCALE or Appsense

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:48:17 -0700

Angela,

Do you know the part # you ordered for the G4?  The non-performance model
comes with 64MB cache..Check the ACU and it will tell you if you have write
cache capability.  I think it's under controller settings.   I buy the
"Performance Model" and it comes with the extra 128MB of cache so I really
can't tell by looking at my mine if your have the same capability.

adam

             "Angela Smith"
             <angela_smith9@ho
             tmail.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: TSCALE or Appsense
             01/09/2007 06:44
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

The servers (DL380G4's) dont have write cache on the onboard controllers...

Ang

>From: Jez <jezosaurus@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: TSCALE or Appsense
>Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:16:45 +0100
>
>On 1/8/07, Rick Mack <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Excessive paging is certainly going to slow your system down, but a
>>constant
>>companion to a high hard page fault rate is a lot of disk actvity with
the
>>disk busy time starting to stay too close to 100%.
>
>I would start with:
>Are you using a SCSI RAID system in your server with a Write-Cache
enabler?

>(the right answer is Yes)
>SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com
mode
>use the below link:
>//www.freelists.org/list/thin

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search
Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com