[THIN] TS and ICA licensing with linux client problems solved?

  • From: <Graeme.Bury@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:30:13 +1100

Hi,
Recently I had a problem with linux clients unable to log onto our
citrix farm.
The server would generate 1004 errors and the client would receive an
error "network and dialup problems are preventing communication with the
server".
This was only happening on some linux clients. These clients had been
working correctly for months before the problems started.

I couldn't find any assistance on any forum which matched our problem.
I ended up building another box as win2k server with metaframe fr3 using
eval licenses.
I got the affected linux clients to connect to this box (which worked).
They could all then connect to the original production server farm.

Any ideas what would have caused this? Why connecting to a new farm
solved it etc?

The only major change to the farm was a data store migration approx 1
month before the problems started.
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com