[THIN] TS User CAL reporting???

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:28:56 +1000

Hi

I have a working Windows 2003 Terminal
Server Licensing server with user based CAL's.  All Citrix servers
in the same building can connect to the TS License Server via Terminal
Server Licensing and work fine.  I have a second Citrix farm in another
country (same domain) that is trying to utilise the same TS License Server.
When
I connect from that Citrix farm using Terminal Server Licensing, I can
see the licensing server and the associated licenses.  However, the
TS License server has an exclamation mark and "Activation Status"
is Unknown.  I have logged into the Citrix server as a local Admin.
 If I make the same AD account a local Admin on the TS License Server
then all is OK and "Activation Status" is Activated...  Is
there a way to correct the status without making the user an Admin on the TS
License Server??

A more pressing issue is whether there
is a way to see if User based CAL's are being issued from the TS License
Server?  If a temporary CAL is being used will it be logged?
Can I generate a report to see if Citrix farm B are getting the correct license?

Thanks
Angela