[THIN] TS Random Disconnections

  • From: "Dean Theophilou" <dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:13:58 -0700

Hello:

            I?ve been having disconnections problems with my Terminal Server
for the past few weeks and I?m not sure what?s causing it.  There is nothing
in the event log.  However, I did a search on thethin.net and I came up with
this: http://www.thethin.net/archive3.cfm?id=25993.

            However, the messages don?t state how much the
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions and the KeepAliveInterval Registry values should
be increased.  They default to 5 and 1000 respectively.  I increased them to
10 and 2000, but I still having those disconnections problems.

            Can someone please give me an idea what these values should be?
I don?t want to screw up the server by increasing them beyond what they
should be.  Also, I?m on the right track here?  Thanks.

Dean Theophilou
Network Administrator

P.S.  I?m using Windows 2000 SP-3, but not Citrix.  Thanks again.

you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by e-mail reply to dino7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and then delete
the message.