[THIN] TS Print Notification

  • From: "Michael Cox" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:28:33 -0500

Hello all,

Is there a way to enable print job notification on a Windows 2003 Terminal
Server?  We do not have Citrix and the clients connecting to the server are
Neoware WinCE devices.  I would just like a notification in the
toolbar/pop-up window or something to notify them that their job has went
through, and preferably how many pages it was.  I know you can turn on Print
Notification under File -> Advanced Options on the server, but this appears
to only affect WinXP clients.  We are hoping to will help solve some of our
printing problems as we are a small public library with no print management
system other than the default Windows cover pages (also, any downloadable
print cover/separator pages would be greatly appreciated as I do not know
PCL/Postscript).

Thanks for the help,

Michael Cox
Saline District Library