[THIN] Re: TS Licensing Question

  • From: "Jaime Watson" <Jaime.Watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:44:59 -0000

Hi Gary,

Some tools for you :-

lsreport.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317592

and also

lsview
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D6541A6-D9DD-4
F93-9EC2-7EA0E3968628&displaylang=en

Gotchas on upgrading? As far as I was aware 2008 enforced the license
count whereas 2003 did not, but then I changed my mind when I read this
article:-

http://www.msterminalservices.org/articles/Changes-Windows-Server-2008-T
erminal-Server-Licensing-Part1.html

Not done it yet - its in the pipeline here - so maybe someone with some
first hand experience on the list can give you better feedback. =)

Kind Regards,

Jaime