[THIN] Re: THIN] Re: PS 4 Printing

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 06:55:11 +0900

Yep...that works. I forgot about that one. You've raised this before, and I
installed it for a client for testing, but the users weren't happy with
this "intermediatry" action. Although I guess that Christine and Eric's
users may be more tollerant.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

             "Rick Mack"
             <ulrich.mack@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: THIN] Re: PS 4 Printing
             18/01/2007 05:30
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I've had this issue for a few applications, and there is a fairly easy and
inexpensive solution.

What you need is a print intermediary to take the application's output and
channel into the UPD.

Have a look at a product called Fineprint by the makers of PDF Factory.

It's a print redirector and reformatter which is installed as a printer
driver and allows you to set up a permanent Fineprint printer queue on your
TS/Citrix server. You can then print to Fineprint and it will either
automatically redirect to your default client printer, or you can choose
the output printer and format (eg booklet print etc). Fineprint can be
configured to show as much or as little of the FinePrint user interface as
you want.

This nicely takes care of applications that require that you define a
hard-coded printer name, and effectively removes any EMF/RAW printing
problems and a bunch of other issues. Volume pricing runs out at less than
$10 per user so it's well worth trying.

regards,

Rick

On 1/18/07, die_spam@xxxxxxxxxxx <die_spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Christine,
  I am having a similar problem and wanted to see if this advice fixed
  yours.  We were hoping to use the UPD to reduce our printer
  administration in Citrix, but it appears that we may not be able to do
  so.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
  Thanks!
  Eric

--
Ulrich Mack