[THIN] RE: [THIN] Published Explorer as an app, not a shell ... And how to restrict it?

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:51:18 -0400

I did the following:

1) Copy explorer.exe to an alternate location, rename to
ctx_explorer.exe (for ease of finding in process view)

2) Publish app as follows: ctx_explorer.exe /root,"c:\" (place the root
path in the quotes, can be any location.

If you set the root path at say, H:\Jane, then it wont let them go
back/up beyond H:\Jane, but they can just go into the address bar and
type H:\ or C:\ or anything else and browse around.  I found no way
around this.  Hidding the address bar is one way to prevent it I
suppose, but they can just show it again.