[THIN] Re: [THIN]

  • From: "Joe Grainger" <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:20:41 +0100

Hi Damon,

Is this print driver specific?

Where is the duplex option being set from? Within the application or from the
Printers & Faxes window, or somewhere else?

i.e. if you select a different printer, does the same behaviour exist?

We have had a problem with a custom built Kyocera mini driver for their KM5035
copy/scan/printer which causes random excel2003 documents to crash when trying
to save the document.  Through a process of elimination, I think that excel,
with the KM5035 mini driver, or the print subsystem causes the crash, as the
problem does not exist if say a HP8100pcl driver is being used by Excel when
clicking to save the file.

I am still waiting for a resolution to this.

Joe

>>> damonedwards@xxxxxxxxxxx 21/09/2005 14:52 >>>

I am running W2k3 servers with Metaframe PS3 with published desktop.  When a
user attempts to print an excel doc. and tries to change the duplex feature,
the setting will not stay.  I.e. a user turns off duplexing but the doc still
prints duplex.  If you open the print job properties the setting has reverted
back to the print queue defaults.  This is only a problem with excel, none of
the other office apps display this behavior.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Damon
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2

http://www.star.net.uk

Hazlewoods LLP - Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers

Offices in Cheltenham Tel 01242 237661, Gloucester Tel 01452 634800 and
Staverton Tel 01242 680000.

Members: Harvey Grove FCA FCCA  Andrew Brookes FCA  Jon Cartwright FCCA ATII
TEP  Nick Dee ACA  Tony Flambard FCCA David Granger FCA FCCA  Jonathan Harvie
FCA  David Main FCCA Christopher Mourton FCCA  David Pierce FCA FCCA  Adrian
Randle FCA FCCA TEP  Graham Rew FCA  Philip Swan FCA ATII  Norman Webber FCCA
David Williams FCA

Website www.hazlewoods.co.uk.

Registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to
carry out company audit work.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England. Partnership No: OC311817
DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this Email and attachments are confidential to the ordinary
user(s) of the Email address(es) to which it was sent and may be legally
privileged.
Hazlewoods LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of this Email, or the
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information
is subsequently agreed in writing.