[THIN] Re: Systrack - Special Offer

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:09:24 -0500

I love the reporting capability of Systrack, however from what I've
seen the product places an enormous resource drain on the server. The
systrack service pagefaults like mad, and has I/O that is nearly four
times that of the nearest other process, IMAsrv.exe.

Our Proliant 6500s and DL380's were struggling to support 30 users
with systrack installed. Once I shut systrack down they are now able
to support over 60 users each with no problems.

I spent nearly two weeks chasing various issues because I couldn't
believe that systrack could be the cause of our problems. Systrack did
a wonderful job of telling me that the disk subsystem was stressed,
but never identified itself as the culprit. However once I shut it
down, the performance problems stopped.

They have an evaluation version, test carefully before buying. YMMV.

Jan Broucinek, System Manager
Arthur Rutenberg Homes, Inc.
(727) 536-5900 voice
(727) 536-7168 x245 direct