[THIN] Re: System Drive Free Space - Help

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:41:22 -0500

Well, the obvious one would be to get a Norton Ghost Enterprise (personal
will not let you save image over the network). Ghost the drive up using
Ghost boot floppy. take the 2 old HDDs out, place 2 new (bigger ones) in,
create array using Compaq Smartstart CD, then ghost the image back on the
new array.

Another way would be to take one drive away nd place the bigger one in. Make
sure the mirro is rebuilt, take the other small drive out, use smth like
Partition Magic to expand the partition to use all the space on the new
drive, then place another new drive and recreate the mirror.

For boot disks with network support see www.nu2.nu - exellent boot disk
(also mentioned in this group before)

Hope this helps

Pavlo