[THIN] Swap file recommendations

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:07:07 +1100

Hi

Im building new Windows 2003 Enterprise servers with XenApp 4.5 (32 bit).
Servers have 16Gb RAM.  Hardware was originally sized for x64 but we must go
with x86.  How big should the swap file be if server has 16Gb RAM?  If I follow
the RAM X 1.5 rule I will end up with a 24GB swap which seems like overkill.  I
have the disk space but was wondering what the best practice is or if there are
dissadvantages in using a large swapfile.

Thanks
Angela

View photos of singles in your area! Browse profiles for FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/