[THIN] Re: Summary Database

  • From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:11:09 -0500

Are you running MetaFrame XP? If so:

What database are you using on the SQL server? You should create a
separate DB just for the rmsummarydatabase. Add a new user to the
database that you created and make it a dbo.

In the CMC, open the Summary Database tab in the Resource Manager
container. Go to "Configure". In the "Database Connection Server" area,
enter the XP server name that is going to be the Database connector. In
the username and password field, enter the name and password of the SQL
user you set up, not the login to the Citrix server. When you test from
here, all should be green.

If not, then you have a problem with the ODBC connection on your
system, and you'll have to track that down.

Try that first, post back if that doesn't fix it. If not, we'll look at
ODBC connectivity.

John

>>> CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx 10/31/02 01:51PM >>>

Is this automatically created with the RM install, or do I have to add
this
as an additional DB on the same SQL server?

I have everything green lighted, but the database shows as
inaccessible.  I
pointed the rmsummarydatabase to the SQL server holding our Data store
info.

Am I missing something?

Chad M. Schneider
Technology Analyst II