[THIN] Suggestions wanted MF 1.8, Netware 4.11 & XPA Licences ??

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (AUS)" <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NetwareCitrix List" <NetwareCitrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:44:53 +1000

Hi All,

I am just hoping that some here might have some suggestions on how to
proceed with a problem I have encountered.

I have today visited a clients site and They have NT4 TSE with MF 1.8
SP3/FR1,  Working in with a sole Netware server on which they have an
application called CBA Accounting or Windows installed.  They have taken
advantage of their subscription advantage and upgraded their licences to
XPa, and have purchased 10  Extra Connection licences for XPa.  They are
still running MF 1.8.  They have the need to take advantage of the extra 10
XPa licences they purchased and do not want to immediately upgrade.  One
thought I have had is to install a low spec XPa server and have it work in
mixed mode, but the client has advised me that there are some problems when
working with a MF 1.8 server in a server farm when it is being logged in
against a Netware box.

I would appreciate any information that anyone can provide on any
differences that exist in the server farm scope when a server is part of a
Netware network as oposed to a Windows network.  The user has claimed that
the server farm which has been created has never had any of the applicaions
being populated in Program Neighbourhood, but I have been checked and there
are applicaitons published in the Citrix server farm scope.

Thanks in advance.

  Shane Broomhall

  Citrix Trainer & Consultant
  Shane Broomhall Consulting Pty Ltd
  Mobile:         0403 952 905

  Brisbane Australia

       International (mobile/Cell) 61 403 952 905

  MSN Messenger :opsidianorder@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Yahoo Messenger       opsidianorder
  Email : shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx