[THIN] Re: Stupid Question Time.. (NFuse details)

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:25:15 +0100

oop, should clarify :)
When installing it, does it install itself in the root, as in you go to htt=
p://server/ you get WI/NF pages? Or does it just copy itself in and you hav=
e to make amendments/virtual dir or whatever to have IIS serve it?

And when installing, does it ask to connect to the farm, or only when you g=
o to the admin page to set it up - i dont have a valid farm it could connec=
t to yet, but want to check it out :)

Andrew
--o--

>>> Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/05/04 11:22:30 >>>
Comments inline...

Presumably you mean NFuse classic / WI?

Neither take control of IIS, just sorta installs itself as an ASP app.

Your IIS installation could likely serve other web pages / apps.

> aaand when installing, does it require anything setting up,=20

Well in saying it doesn't take over the IIS install - if it's the only
app / page your IIS server is serving, or you want to make the NFuse
classic / WI login page the default, then you'll need to do something
there.

> or connecting t=3D o a farm at all? (please please let it need=20
> doing after its installed!)

There's an admin "page" of the application that you use to configure the
NFuse / WI settings, such as the farm(s) details, and other things.

> Ta for all the info :)
>=20
> Andrew
> --o--
>=20
> WI is only available if you've got FR3 licensed to you -=20
> AFAIK it's not on the CDs or downloadable, unless you are allowed FR3.
>=20
> MSAM is a cost, true enough - but true portal products are=20
> pretty darned expensive. In that market segment, it's quite=20
> inexpensive - but in fairness, is probably not quite up with=20
> the other big portal products.
>=20
> WI isn't hugely different from NFuse (not that I can=20
> officially get WI, you understand ;-)). Perhaps slightly=20
> improved, maybe a bit slicker, and the file structures of=20
> what makes it up, has been streamlined a bit.
>=20
> To be perfectly honest, I don't understand why they don't=20
> freely distribute WI like NFuse classic - it's not like they=20
> charge for it directly.
>=20
> Neil

only. If this has come to you in error, please=20
notify the sender immediately and delete this=20
e-mail from your system.
You must take no action based on this, nor must=20
you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents=20
to any person or organisation.
Statements and opinions contained in this email may=20

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D147=20

than buying more servers.