[THIN] Re: Stupid Question Time.. (NFuse details)

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:11:21 +0100

cool, two final questions then..
does it take over IIS when installed?
aaand when installing, does it require anything setting up, or connecting t=
o a farm at all? (please please let it need doing after its installed!)

Ta for all the info :)

Andrew
--o--

>>> Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/05/04 10:15:27 >>>
WI is only available if you've got FR3 licensed to you - AFAIK it's not
on the CDs or downloadable, unless you are allowed FR3.

MSAM is a cost, true enough - but true portal products are pretty darned
expensive. In that market segment, it's quite inexpensive - but in
fairness, is probably not quite up with the other big portal products.

WI isn't hugely different from NFuse (not that I can officially get WI,
you understand ;-)). Perhaps slightly improved, maybe a bit slicker, and
the file structures of what makes it up, has been streamlined a bit.

To be perfectly honest, I don't understand why they don't freely
distribute WI like NFuse classic - it's not like they charge for it
directly.

Neil

only. If this has come to you in error, please=20
notify the sender immediately and delete this=20
e-mail from your system.
You must take no action based on this, nor must=20
you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents=20
to any person or organisation.
Statements and opinions contained in this email may=20

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D147=20

than buying more servers.