[THIN] Stupid GPOs

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:02:26 -0500

I have users getting an error that "Windows cannot access the
specified device, path, or file.  You may not have appropriate
permissions to access the item"

The path referenced in the title bar of the error is somewhere in
their temp internet files.  This is when they click the app on the web
interface page.  So I am guessing something in the delivery of the ica
file.

this is following a patch push and possibly a policy push to the users
affected.  I don't control the connecting computers so I am not the
one setting the policies or patches.  I don't know the people who do.
so asking them to roll it back is unlikely too.  I have to prove to
someone they messed up first.

Anyone seen a policy do this before and if so, which one?  Any other
thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Greg
//www.freelists.org/list/thin