[THIN] Strange one

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:04:43 -0400

We have a 4 server farm that rarely gives us problems.  Every once in a
while, we have one of two servers that acts quite strange.  When a
client (thin client) attempts to access a published application, the
user gets no login script.  The pub app is displayed and the user can
work pretty much as normal - except for the fact, that they have NO
printers installed.  (We install our printers in the KIX login script.)

As I said, this doesn't happen all of the time, and it only happens to
the 3rd and 4th server.  Now, the only thing that I can see differently
between the 1st two servers (1 & 2) and the 2nd two (3 &4), is that the
first two were configured by a consultant - the last two by me.  It
could be a setting that I missed or forgot, but I'm just not sure.

All of the servers are blade servers located on the same subnet; the
clients are spread throughout the campus and the problem happens in
every room that we have thin clients.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

============
Rick Fogarty
Coordinator, Technical Support and Computer Servicing
Sandhills Community College
3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst, NC 28374
1(910) 695-3943