[THIN] Re: Strange old problem

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:30:38 -0600

Not really a solution, but can you get into Terminal Server
Administration (nearly the same tool)?  Can you get to what you need
from a command line, i.e. qserver, quser, etc.?

hth,
Christopher

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:08:09 -0800, Jennifer Hooper
<jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know this is probably going to be a shot in the dark, but it's worth it.
> :)  I'm wondering if someone can help me out.  I have 2 NT4 Terminal Server
> Edition, SP6 running Metaframe 1.8 SP2 over in the UK.  I don't know too
> much about these servers, except that they are quite old and decrepit, and
> we are beginning to experience problems.  We have been able to solve most of
> them, but the strangest one is that every time I try to open the Citrix
> Server Administration application, it crashes.  It says it's generating a
> Dr. Watson, but no error ever forms.  There's no associated error message,
> it just says <error>.
>
> Has anyone out there seen this?  We can't reinstall the software, as we no
> longer have 1.8 on CD, and we don't know where the licenses are for these
> older machines, either.  Unfortunately, I have to get them limping along as
> I argue my way through our Applications department that we really do need
> Citrix and need to upgrade it NOW, or else.  So if anyone has any pointers
> for me on where to look to solve this problem, I'd really appreciate it!
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Jennifer
>

> Jennifer Hooper
> Peregrine Systems, Inc.
> Sr. Network Engineer
> mailto:jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296