[THIN] Strange Win2k problem

  • From: "Warner, Kathleen" <kwarner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:21:21 -0600

Having a strange problem.  My users can logon one time, but when they go
to logon a 2nd time to the same machine, it hangs at "Loading your
personal settings."  If it's a Citrix/Terminal Server connection (both
RDP or ICA) I can disconnect from the session but it won't ever reset, I
can't reset it from another machine.  If the user is trying to logon to
the console, its just hung.  Can't unload the user.dat hive from the
registry through a remote connection either.  In either case, the only
way to free the profile is to reboot the machine.  This is happening
whether the user has a roaming profile or not.  I've determined it isn't
the temp directory environment variable, but I can't determine what IS
causing the problem yet.  My group policies for the Ous do not have any
folder redirection set up.  No one who has admin access admits to going
in and changing anything.  I'm pretty sure its something in the group
policies in AD but I can't find it yet.  Wondering if anyone has any
ideas.

TIA,

Kathleen McCarthy Warner
Client Support Team