[THIN] Re: Storage recommendations/tips for Hper-V-based XenApp and other virtual servers

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:46:37 -0700

50k is very low for the capabilities you are describing, you may want to
look at Datacore SAN melody software it will give you high performance for
the iSCSI needs using standard i386 hardware and software.

There are cases where one iSCSI NIC is enough but a number of designs where
more would be ideal. I would plan on extra nics, when you consider a
management network, a production LAN network, possibly DMZ or other LAN
segments, iSCSI, etc. it is pretty common to have at least 4 or more NICS in
a virtualization host.

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453