[THIN] Stop 0x00000050

  • From: "Pardee, Michael" <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:39:58 -0400

Hello list.  Haven't had to bug you guys in a LONG time, but here it goes.

I have always known that the majority of the stop 0x00000050 errors were
printer drivers.  We make it a policy to restrict the printer drivers that
are available for use on our systems because of this.  The last couple of
days have been particularly bad with the 0x50 BSODs but the pattern is that
they only occur when a certain user logs on to the system.  The fix is to
disable that user's account, wipe out their profile and then they can login
again.  We are currently on the phone with MS about this and have sent them
the ntuser.dat from the user's registry from this instance.

I realize that I don't have enough of the error code after the 0x50 message
yet, and apologize for that, but we're trying to dig it up.  This happens to
us randomly.  We have gone months with no issues and then bam, 4,5,or more
servers crashing within minutes of each other and it's because the user
keeps trying to login and the load balancing keeps sending her to the next
available server, as it should.  Makes for quite an interesting report to
senior management though.

We are running WTS 4.0 with SP6 and the browser hotfix.  Our audits of the
servers do not turn up an "bad" printer drivers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mailto:mpardee@xxxxxxxx