[THIN] Re: Starting application in an isolate memory context.

  • From: "Carlos Sanabria" <csanabria@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:41:56 -0500

I could be speculating a lot here since I have never worked with Tuxedo,
but I had the exact same issue with an app that connects to a Forte
application server. In my case, the issue was not related to memory
sharing but it had to do with the application launching from the same
TCP Port. The first user that launched the application started normally,
but the second time the Forte Runtime was executed it used the same TCP
port so the app was sent to the first screen, not exactly what we
expected. Luckily, the Forte Runtime executable allowed us to specify
the local port on which the connection was going to be established, so I
wrote a script to execute the runtime specifying a different local TCP
port for every user using the terminal server's session ID.

Give it a try, maybe it helps :-)

Carlos Sanabria