[THIN] Re: Starting application in an isolate memory context.

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:00:59 -0600

I like softricity software but an not sure the memory (or sharing it) is
really the problem here.=20

I am not saying that its not but it really sounds like the application
is seeing the original connection (an possibly open app files) and
re-using them itself. (poor application). It also sounds to me like this
app is looking at its user names and info from a central location (like
reading an INI and Config files or reg entries) from C:\programfiles
etc, and HKLM instead of the users home dir and HKCU>

If that is the case Softricity would straighten that out by running it
in the Virtual runtime environment that isolates it. But I would not
spend the money for softricity for a SINGLE application unless this is
the major money maker at a company and "it just has to work".

If I could use it for other apps (and probably would) I would spend the
money then.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
Behalf
Of Thierry
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 4:38 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Hello,
=3D20
        Here is my problem :
=3D20
            I have an application published on Metaframe XP (Windows =3D
2000
SP3). This application use Tuxedo 6.5 to connect to an application =3D
engine.=3D20
=3D20
            If I start this application one time from the client =3D
everything
works fine, but if I start it two times the data of second session =3D
appear in
the first session instead of good ones. The solution to solve this =3D
problem
is to make a connection from the client out of the farm and param this
connection with another user login. In this case it works but we don't =
=3D
find
this solution good. Is there any way to launch a citrix application in =
=3D
an
isolate memory and environnement context so that global variables and =
=3D
share
memory of first session won't be erased by the second one ?
=3D20
Thanks
Thierry.

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D20
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D79

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D79