[THIN] Re: Squid

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:04:10 +0200

Hi Jeff,

How is your Client Proxy setting setup?
This is one of the options you can configure on your WI / PNAgent site, default
setting is "User's browser setting"
You might need to put this on None (just a thought)
You can find this Client Proxy setting in your WI Management Tool within the
site properties / configuration

Cheers,

Ben

On 26 Apr 2010, at 4:57 PM, <thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ------------------------------------
> thin Digest   Mon, 26 Apr 2010        Volume: 09  Issue: 149
>
> In This Issue:
>       #1:     From: "Jeff Bolton" <Jeff.Bolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>               Subject: [THIN] Squid

> Msg: #1 in digest
> Subject: [THIN] Squid
> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:57:01 -0400
> From: "Jeff Bolton" <Jeff.Bolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Our security team installed Symantec's Squid proxy and pushed out a
> mandatory config through GPO on Friday to set auto-detection of proxy
> configuration.
> Today, users are getting the error message "Can't connect to the Citrix
> XenApp server.  Proxy connection failed: the configured proxy server
> refused to establish a connection".  The weird thing is that it is not
> consistent...It works for some users, but others receive this error.
> Our users use the PNAgent to connect to Citrix, but I had some of them
> test with the WI as well and they received the same error.
>
> The initial connection to the WI seems to be working as the users are
> authenticated;  the error message appears when the client is redirected
> to one of the application servers to launch the app.
>
> Does the proxy configuration need to be configured on the WI server as
> well as the clients??  Any other ideas where I could begin
> trouble-shooting this problem?
>
> They have assured me, that all internal IP addresses, non-FQDN URL's and
> basically anything internal has been configured to bypass the squid.
>
> Cheers
>       Jeff
>

> Jeff B. Bolton
> Lead System Administrator
> Biovail Corporation

------
Scanned for Malware and Spam by Open Line Smart E-mail Filter

//www.freelists.org/list/thin
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com