[THIN] Squid

  • From: "Jeff Bolton" <Jeff.Bolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:57:01 -0400

Our security team installed Symantec's Squid proxy and pushed out a
mandatory config through GPO on Friday to set auto-detection of proxy
configuration.

Today, users are getting the error message "Can't connect to the Citrix
XenApp server.  Proxy connection failed: the configured proxy server
refused to establish a connection".  The weird thing is that it is not
consistent...It works for some users, but others receive this error.
Our users use the PNAgent to connect to Citrix, but I had some of them
test with the WI as well and they received the same error.

The initial connection to the WI seems to be working as the users are
authenticated;  the error message appears when the client is redirected
to one of the application servers to launch the app.

Does the proxy configuration need to be configured on the WI server as
well as the clients??  Any other ideas where I could begin
trouble-shooting this problem?

They have assured me, that all internal IP addresses, non-FQDN URL's and
basically anything internal has been configured to bypass the squid.

Cheers
        Jeff

Jeff B. Bolton
Lead System Administrator
Biovail Corporation

---
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the address of this message. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to
distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail.  In this circumstance,
we request that you delete the original message from your system.