[THIN] Re: Spyware Tools

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:46:36 -0400

We are also looking...

AdAware, SpyBot S&D and PestPatrol are the 3 on my list but AdAware's
sales team has not answered 3 email requests for more info, SpyBot seems
a little clunky for a user to use and I haven't gotten to PestPatrol
yet.

Also look for existing solutions to "roll" Spyware protection into
existing suites...Trend's Officescan \ Serverprotect line is a good
example but they have a long way to go.

  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
 <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx