[THIN] Re: Spoolsv.exe

  • From: raj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:49:17 +1000

echo Printers - Shutting down the print spooler
net stop spooler
echo Printers - Deleting print queues
del M:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* /q

net start spooler
echo Printers - Print spooler Started

i use Scheduled Tasks with above script which runs every 2 hours
and has reduced my support calls for printer issues

Regards from,

Your Friendly IT Staff
:-))>>
Raj RossRakesh

Tell me and I forget.
Show me and I remember.
Involve me and I understand.
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."

                    "Nick Gage"

                    <Nickg@ndanger.       To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    net>                  cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [THIN] Re: Spoolsv.exe

                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    05/05/2004

                    09:54 AM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Try killing the spooler and then deleting/moving all the files located
in the %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers folder.  Then restart the
spooler.