[THIN] Re: Spoolsv consumes high CPU

  • From: "P.J. Johannsen" <pjohannsen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:43:04 -0700

I have used Adobe Acrobat for quite a while combined with some other 3rd
party apps.  Here are some of the solutions we found, maybe they will help.

I have seen the problem with large PDF files opening very slow or choppy if
a virus scanner like NetShield is set to scan all outbound files.  If it is
scanning everything sent, that includes all the bmp screen updates which
slows the time a PDF appears to open.  Try and replicate the problem logged
on locally to the box.

A similar issue with the printer spooler taking a lot of resources used to
happen with an older version of the ICA clients.  The amount of resources
required increased and the time for the file to spool was around 6 times
greater than an RDP connection.  Citrix corrected the problem in an updated
ICA client.  I believe it was corrected in the 6.20 release.  Make sure you
are at that version or higher to avoid that particular issue.

PJ Johannsen
MCSE, MCP+I, CCA, CCNA, CNA, A+, Network+