[THIN] Re: Spooler.exe fun

  • From: Jason Benway <benwayj@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:48:39 -0400

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

jb

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ryan Lambert
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 4:37 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Spooler.exe fun

Clever, clever man.

I'm using this. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mack, Rick [mailto:Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 4:34 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi JB,

This should be in an FAQ somewhere.=3D20

Make it a mandatory part of your TS build and you'll have a lot less spooler
problems.

Set the printer spooler recovery option to "run a program", make it
%systemroot%\clnspool.cmd.

The program is a batch file that cleans the spooler directory before
restarting the service. Since we started doing this we've only rarely had
spooler problems because the spooler is in essence self healing.

----- clnspool.cmd -----
Del /q %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
Net start spooler

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack