[THIN] Re: Spooler.exe fun

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 06:33:38 +1000

Hi JB,

This should be in an FAQ somewhere.=20

Make it a mandatory part of your TS build and you'll have a lot less
spooler problems.

Set the printer spooler recovery option to "run a program", make it
%systemroot%\clnspool.cmd.

The program is a batch file that cleans the spooler directory before
restarting the service. Since we started doing this we've only rarely
had spooler problems because the spooler is in essence self healing.

----- clnspool.cmd -----
Del /q %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*
Net start spooler

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack